Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MediaCast Blog; Banners (Task 3a)

Finally my three MediaCast blog banners are ready!


I created this by downloading a font which looks like a film strip and removed the letters from inside it (by creating another layer and using a white brush to cover them) since I didn't like the font. I wrote each letter separately and placed them inside the film strip and then put the image of the scissors between "Media" and "Cast" to generate the idea of editing. Finally I added the last sentence using a simple font and the colours found in the MCAST logo.


The second one is composed from a screenshot I took from our filming of the advertisement, adding some adjustments and filters. Finally I added the MediaCast logo at the top left.


In the third and last one, I filled the background with a gradient composed of the colours found in the MCAST logo and I added some stroke effect to the "MediaCast" text. To finish it off, I added some brushes to the background in black and white and changed the opacity and Blending Mode untill I was satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    very good use of the blog!
    I'd suggest finding other colour schemes however - the colours you have chosen look slightly dated - perhaps choose 3 completely different colour schemes rather than three on the same scale. Have a look here: http://www.colourlovers.com/

    ReplyDelete