Monday, April 11, 2011

MediaCast Blog; Design Proposal (Task 2b)

One of the ideas I would propose for the blog aesthetics would be a black or grayscale plain background with a striking banner. I would use the colour scheme shown below; a combination of greens and yellows which are the colours used in the MCAST logo to show that MediaCast falls under MCAST. I would also use white so that the banner stands out, creates contrast with the black background and attracts more attention. I would avoid bright colours such as fluorescent pink and yellow. This is based on the market research conducted where students were asked which colours they would prefer to see in the blog. With regards to the font to use, I would use a plain font such as Calibri so as to keep everything simple and with a most professional look as possible. As for the layout of the blog, I would place the banner in the top middle with the Navigation Bar below it. I would then place the blog posts in the middle with brief information about MediaCast on the left. Below this information there will be a link to the MediaCast forum. On the right there will be the labels and at the very bottom the Logos and Credits.

Colour Scheme:

Site-Map:


No comments:

Post a Comment