Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Unit 19 Evaluation

Digital Graphics was an entirely new experience for me as I only had very basic knowledge of Photoshop. Working on this unit helped me become more familiar with other Adobe software as well as Blogger.
 
One of the tasks, which we had to maintain all throughout the unit, was to have a blog and update it regularly. I had never used Blogger before, although I had visited other blogs but have never had one of my own. Blogger is very interesting to use and to portray one’s work and opinions but it does have some limits when it comes to editing the blog posts.
 
For the first task of this unit, we were required to create an infographic explaining different keywords used in the digital graphics field. Initially, I had no idea what an infographic was and through research I found some very interesting ones. This task also helped me to further my knowledge of Photoshop, especially when using the Pen Tool.
 
In the other tasks, we had to research, design and create the mediacast blog in groups. I think that we worked quite well as a group with good communication between us all throughout the task. This task also helped us to get to know more about mediacast and other students who are part of it. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the banners and posters although I found some difficulty initially because I was out of ideas. However, once I knew what to do,  I enjoyed creating them and I am very satisfied with the results.
 
Other elements in this unit which I found very useful were learning how to use the clone tool to retouch old photos and then colour them using brushes. Through online research, I also found tutorials which helped me to create my mediacast blog posters using filters in Photoshop.
 
Something that up till now, I have not been able to grasp well, is how to use Adobe Illustrator. I managed quite well during the tutorials in class, but when it came to working and creating something of my own, I did not really succeed. I hope to better my knowledge of Illustrator by practicing it more in the summer holidays.
 
Overall, it was quite an enjoyable unit, although the first time I read the brief I thought that it was going to be very difficult for me. However, in the end, I think I managed quite well and I will find the things I learnt very helpful in the future as I now also have basic knowledge in creating digital graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment